Thursday, April 30, 2009

funny conversation

So this morning Oscar woke-up at about 7am... just before Matt's alarm went off.
Oscar: crying
Jess: "I don't want to get up"
Matt: while getting out of bed "what should I do"
Jess: "change his diaper" -thinking, I'll be up in a minute
Oscar: still crying, getting more mad
Matt: after picking Oscar up, comes down the hall with him
"he was sucking his hand and farting... what does that mean?... and I can't find the pacifier."
Jess: gets up to help (we changed his diaper, I nursed him and he went back to sleep till 9:30)

What does that mean? I'm still laughing about this scene this morning. Did Matt think that the hand sucking and farting was secret code for something? And only Mom can decode this mysterious combination of signals. Just thought I'd share a funny glimpse into our daily life.

3 comments:

  1. That's exactly what I thought - that this was code for something...such as "I am hungry and therefore sucking my hand, do not waste your time changing my diaper because I will continue screaming at your ear holes" -or- "Don't bother changing my diaper, as my initial farting indicated, a poo is forthcoming and you would only be wasting your time". A third, less likely option was "I seem to have swallowed my pacifier during the night and have crawled to the edge of the crib in search of it, I am now in the process of farting it out".
    Mostly I was looking for a way to encourage Jessica to give up on that last 10 minutes of sleep and get up, so I could take a shower and go to work. Good times! We're lucky to be able to complain when Oz "only" sleeps 11 hours and gets up at 7am...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if anyone else finds this as funny as I do. Matt's right... good times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys are hilarious. 11 hours of sleep? consider yourself lucky...sonny didn't sleep through the night until around 8 months! he now goes to bed at about 7pm and gets up at 6:30am.

    ReplyDelete